Relation Therapeutics is seeking to recruit a Drug Development Project Leader for a stealth project to tackle COVID with third-party collaborators and grant funding, with access to some of the world’s foremost drug developers and machine learning engineers. The successful candidate will lead multidisciplinary preclinical projects and be accountable for delivering novel small molecule clinical candidates from hit identification to clinical development. This project will focus on automated high throughput screening projects and the initial phase will require deep expertise on assay selection and translation.
● Exhibits substantial scientific and operational bandwidth to simultaneously lead 2 or more projects ranging across immunology and anti-infectives.
● Exhibits significant learning agility to build deep mechanistic knowledge around disease biology and translational clinical development plans, especially around experimental assay plans.
● Responsible for championing scientific and technical strategies to deliver differentiated therapeutics.
● Responsible for determining the most effective technical solution for a given project considering cost, technical/operational feasibility and time to delivery.
● Manages investment risk to build confidence in the biology, pharmacology and safety of the approach.
● Communicate effectively to keep others well informed of strategy and progress.
● Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical drug development experience with roles of increasing leadership responsibility.
● Has been involved in automated high throughput screening projects – highly desirable.
● Proven track of successfully delivering on preclinical projects from hit ID to IND submission.
● Familiarity with pre-clinical trial execution and working with contract research organizations.
● Evidence of driving team to ensure execution against plan based on time and cost criteria.
● Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into effective operational goals and tactical plans and execute on them.
● Supports team effectiveness and delivery through open and effective communication.
● Experience in a start-up environment is preferred.
● Experience in a computational environment is preferred.
● PhD or equivalent experience/qualification in a relevant discipline.