Relation Therapeutics is seeking to recruit a Bioinformatician (Junior/Senior/Principal). The successful candidate will be responsible for acquiring, QC-ing and integrating multi-omics from public and proprietary sources, as well as from academic partners of Relation. In particular, Relation Therapeutics is developing technologies utilising multi-omics at its core to identify causal targets in disease, and utilising active learning for integrated machine learning powered in vitro experimental systems. The Bioinformatician will work close with the ML team and other relevant stakeholders in Relation, providing snapshots and analysis of this data to assist with ongoing company projects.
● 3+ years Python programming experience.
● 3+ years relational database/graph database experience.
● Experience implementing industry standard software engineering practices in terms of software lifecycle and documentation.
● Experience developing and using cloud storage and analytics solutions
● Rigorous and robust QC and normalization techniques for multi-omics (single-cell preferred).
● Knowledge of main multi-omics bioinformatics databases and tools.
● Techniques and statistics knowledge relevant to querying and mining biological data
● Broad knowledge of ontologies and nomenclatures.
● Ability to translate complex scientific requirements into actionable data queries.
● Ability to independently familiarise oneself with (and apply) novel analysis techniques.
Communication & interpersonal skills
● Ability to communicate complex data analysis into straightforward/intuitive results.
● Partner and maintain good working relationships with multi-level stakeholders in Juvenescence and portfolio companies.
● Proven project leadership experience
● QCing, normalizing and building pipelines for processing multi-omics data.
● Liaising with internal stakeholders to identify their needs in terms of biological data enquiry.
● Querying and mining the company knowledge base and public databases for key stakeholder requirements.
● Being proactive in identifying gaps in the current knowledge base and steps to mitigate them.
● Developing data visualisation tools to distil complex analysis into intuitive and actionable results.
● Interfaces with senior scientists in the Pharma and Biotech industries, and extends Relation’s network in the industry.
● 3 years+ of relevant experience in the Biotech or Pharma industry in ML/data-centric roles.
● Track-record of delivering complex multi-omics data projects within timelines.
● Experience in chronic aging related therapy areas (CNS, gastroenterology, immunology, musculo-skeletal, metabolic, respiratory, oncology) is preferred.
● Willingness to operate within start-up environment: ability to deliver within tight time constraints and operate within a small highly-agile team.
● PhD in the biological sciences with significant computational component, PhD preferred.