Yuva Biosciences, Inc. is seeking an exceptional drug discovery scientist to drive the development and incorporation of new approaches to identify candidate agents to enhance mitochondrial function. Along with an associate scientist, the team will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing in vitro and in vivo assays to support progression, optimization, and mechanism of action of mitochondrial therapeutics.
The ideal candidate will possess leadership abilities to direct and manage a lab and coordinate activities across multiple drug discovery initiatives and platforms. Prior experience in the mitochondrial biology and genetics field is a plus. The candidate must work well in a growing organization, make clear decisions in a fast-paced drug discovery environment and be highly proficient in both verbal and written communication to audiences with diverse scientific, professional and drug discovery backgrounds. Independently performs scientific experiments with a predefined goal, including developing new strategies.
• Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field with minimum 2 to 3 years post-doctoral experience or industry experience
• Experience and demonstrated excellence in early phase drug discovery, target identification, and validation and project team leadership.
• Strong strategic scientific and technical leadership in the design, execution, analysis, and interpretation of a broad range of mitochondrial assays to drive identification of compounds leading to progression and elucidation of the mechanism of action.
• Experience in preparing clear technical reports, publications, and oral presentations: independently communicating results; presenting clearly and effectively and defending own work at internal & external meetings; delivering updates to management in the context of overall project goals. Keeps abreast of relevant literature relevant to research projects and competitive landscape.
• Understanding of classical pharmacological principles and drug discovery process, in order to support an assessment of potency, efficacy and contribute to predictions of human efficacy
• Ability to critically analyze and interpret data and effectively document and communicate results
• Has a demonstrated ability to apply a variety of state-of-the-art biochemical and genetic methods related to cell proliferation, apoptosis, cytotoxicity, and molecular pathways related to therapeutic agents.
• Has solid hands-on experience in handling mice and basic cell culture / genetic manipulation techniques as well as molecular and cell biology approaches.
• Strong working knowledge of computer software including Excel and PowerPoint and additional scientific analysis software including Prizm GraphPad, SpotFire, XL-Fit or comparable scientific data applications.
• Experience in leading a group in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting.
• Mitochondrial assay development expertise, including biochemical and cell-based assays
• Experience in development of innovative translational in vitro and/or in vivo models that predict human efficacy