for enhancement of mitochondrial function in vitro and in vivo. Along with Principial Research Scientist, the team will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing assays to support progression, optimization, and mechanism of action of mitochondrial therapeutics. The scientists should independently perform scientific experiments with a predefined goal, including the development of new and alternative strategies.
The ideal candidate should possess leadership abilities to direct and manage a lab and coordinate activities related to drug discovery initiatives. Prior experience in mitochondrial biology and genetics is a plus. The candidate must work well in a growing organization, make clear decisions in a fast-paced environment and be highly proficient in both verbal and written communication to audiences with diverse scientific, professional, and drug discovery backgrounds.
• Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field with some post-doctoral experience
• Experience and demonstrated excellence in early phase drug discovery, target identification, and validation and project team leadership.
• Strong strategic scientific and technical leadership in the design, execution, analysis, and interpretation of a broad range of mitochondrial assays to drive identification of compounds leading to progression and elucidation of the mechanism of action.
• Experience in preparing clear technical reports, publications, and oral presentations: independently communicating results; presenting clearly and effectively and defending own work at internal & external meetings; delivering updates to management in the context of overall project goals. Keeps abreast of relevant literature relevant to research project and competitive landscape.
• Ability to critically analyze and interpret data and effectively document and communicate results to diverse audiences.
• Has a demonstrated ability to apply a variety of state-of-the-art biochemical and genetic methods relateD to cell proliferation, apoptosis, cytotoxicity, and molecular pathways related to therapeutic agents.
• Has solid hands-on experience in handling mice and basic cell culture / genetic manipulation techniques as well as molecular and cell biology approaches.
• Strong working knowledge of computer software including Excel and PowerPoint and additional scientific analysis software including Prizm GraphPad, SpotFire, XL-Fit or comparable scientific data applications.
• Experience in leading a group in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting.
• Mitochondrial assay development expertise, including biochemical and cell-based assays
• Experience in development of innovative translational in vitro and/or in vivo models that predict human efficacy