Yuva Biosciences, Inc. is seeking an exceptional hands on associate research scientist/operations manager to oversee our day to day operations and contribute to ongoing research projects. The ideal candidate will be innovative, selfmotivated, possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to work independently, and function in a dynamic multidisciplinary research environment as a successful team player.
• The candidate must have a B.S. or M.S. degree in biological/biomedical sciences, with at least 1-2 years of handson experience in managing a laboratory in an academic or biotechnology/drug discovery setting.
• Have hands-on laboratory experience in cell culture, molecular biology, cell biology techniques, and development of cell-based assays.
• Experience in handling mouse models and conducting functional studies.
• Have experience in developing and executing biological assays to evaluate the molecular and cellular pathways.
• Conducting in vitro cell based phenotypic and genetic screens for drug/target discovery and in vivo in mouse
• Design, execute, analyze, document experiments, and communicate results in team settings.
• Working knowledge of computer software including Excel and PowerPoint and additional scientific analysis software including Prizm GraphPad, SpotFire, XL-Fit or comparable scientific data applications.
• Mitochondrial assay development expertise, including biochemical and cell-based assays
• Experience in development of translational in vitro and/or in vivo models that predict human efficacy.
• Demonstrated track record of participating in high quality research projects (e.g., authorship in peer-reviewed publications) in any areas of biomedical research.