Duties & Responsibilities
Rejuvenate Bio is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our energetic team and accelerate the development of our therapies. The Principal Scientist position will directly support efforts to drive forward our future commercial offerings. Gene therapy is at a tipping point. We have already seen remarkable strides toward curing untreatable diseases. They will be responsible for independently investigating new therapeutics for treating aging and age-related diseases as well as support our current programs and manage RAs. The role reports to the Sr. Director of Preclinical Development of Rejuvenate Bio.
Responsibilities will include:
• Executing experiments on the bench, extensive literature review, and overseeing product candidate development from proof of concept to IND submission.
• Contribute to in vivo study protocol and report writing, data packages for regulatory submissions, scientific manuscripts, and internal and external presentations.
• Effectively collaborate across CMC, regulatory and clinical groups, to devise and execute a biomarker plan, and coordinate related activities and timelines to ensure seamless execution of pre/clinical studies.
• Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clearly communicating progress.
• Monitoring on-going experiments and suggesting alternatives or solutions.
• Managing small team of Research Associates.
• Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
• Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
• Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related field required
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Experience with AAV and other standard microbial techniques (e.g., ELISA, qPCR, cloning, western blot, cell culture, etc.).
• Experience with IND-enabling studies, CRO relationship, project management.
• Strong background in immunology and familiarity with immunogenicity aspects of AAV gene therapy for regulatory filings.
• Experience managing a team of people and working between different groups. Proven ability to define a project goal and work independently or in a group setting to achieve it.
• Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
• Familiar knowledge of GLP and GMP requirements as they pertain to protein and gene therapy process development and Quality Control (QC) testing preferred.
• Advanced knowledge with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other associated software used in the scientific field.
If interested email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. We are located in San Diego California.