Rejuvenate Bio is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our energetic team and accelerate the development of our therapies. The Sr. Research Associate will directly support efforts to drive forward our future commercial offerings working with other RA's and scientists. The applicant will be independently performing standard and advanced cell culture techniques as well as tasks involved with AAV production & manufacturing. The role reports to Sr. Scientists at Rejuvenate Bio.
• Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
• Performing basic and advanced cell culture on a variety of cell lines adherent and suspension
• Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
• Manufacturing AAV and Lenti-virus
• Working with a team to optimize our SOPs and processes
• Performing related laboratory maintenance, such as ordering supplies, managing inventory, and documenting laboratory conditions.
• Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
• Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clear communication with supervisor
• Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
• B.S or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, or related field required.
• At least 1 year of mammalian cell culture experience (splitting cells, transfection, etc) after undergrad.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
• Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.
• Experience with basic cloning techniques (restriction enzyme, gibson, golden gate, or gateway) or related experience.
• Experience in flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR, and microscopy.
• Experience with in vitro analytical techniques to assess the cell viability.
• Experience working with AAV.
• Willingness to work outside of his/her discipline to accomplish project goals.
• Proven ability to draft and implement lab protocols.
If interested, please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. We are located in San Diego California.