At Rejuvenate Bio, we aspire to treat aging and age-related diseases. We are a spinout from George Church's lab at Harvard Medical School and the Wyss Institute, and our goal is to treat pets and people with targeted gene therapies directed at curing specific disease states associated with old age that also have the potential to extend overall health and maximal lifespan.
Rejuvenate Bio is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our energetic team and accelerate the development of our therapies. The Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate will directly support efforts to drive forward our future commercial offerings working with other RA's and Scientists. The ideal candidate will be independently performing standard and advanced cell/tissue culture, molecular biology, and biochemical techniques such as but not limited to transfection, single-cell cloning, Gibson/InFusion cloning, DNA/RNA extraction, PCR/qPCR, Western blotting, and related data analysis. This role reports to a Sr. Scientist at Rejuvenate Bio.
• Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
• Performing basic and advanced cell culture on a variety of cell lines adherent and suspension
• Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
• Interpret and present the data in regular meetings
• Manufacturing AAV and Lenti-virus
• Working with a team to optimize our SOPs and processes
• Performing related laboratory maintenance, such as ordering supplies, managing inventory, and documenting laboratory conditions.
• Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
• B.S or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, or related field required.
• At least 1 year of mammalian cell culture experience (splitting cells, transfection, etc) after undergrad.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrating the ability of multi-tasking, having excellent record keeping skills.
• Flexibility to adjust work timeline depending on project need, and with other duties as assigned.
• Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.
• Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clear communication with supervisor.
• Experience with various cloning techniques (gibson, gateway, mutagenesis, etc.) or related.
• Next generation sequencing related experience would be a plus
• Experience with viral vector engineering, production, or manufacturing.
• Experience in flow cytometry, ELISAs, microscopy, or pooled library prep.
• Willingness to work outside of his/her discipline to accomplish project goals.
• Ability to search and summarize scientific literature as project needed.