At Rejuvenate Bio, we aspire to treat aging and age-related diseases. We are a spinout from George Church's lab at Harvard Medical School and the Wyss Institute, and our goal is to treat pets and people with targeted gene therapies directed at curing specific disease states associated with old age that also have the potential to extend overall health and maximize lifespan.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Operations team as a Lab Coordinator on a full-time basis. This position is expected to work onsite at our San Diego facility Monday – Friday during normal working hours. This role ideal for entry level candidates who are interested in pursuing a career path in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry and have excellent task management, communication, and organizational skills. This role is responsible for monitoring lab supply inventory and related activities that include ordering, stocking, and tracking lab supplies. In addition, he/she will work closely with other members of the Operations team to ensure materials for lab reagents are readily available. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Operations.
Responsibilities will include:
• Monitor lab supplies stocking, ordering, and keeping track of inventory.
• Assist in acquiring quotes, preparing purchase orders, following up with vendors for
laboratory, office and facilities equipment, and various goods and consumables.
• Ensure hazardous and biohazardous materials are accurately handled and stored.
• Maintain and look over cryogenic gas and dry ice usage. Support monitoring of cold storage through software systems.
• Coordinate with Operations team to prepare site for inspections within laboratories and facilities, EHS and security. Monitor completion of corrective actions.
• Manage pipette calibration and plan onsite calibration events with third party vendor.
• Track and maintain records of pipettes, capital equipment, and calibration events.
• Entering, maintaining, and auditing records using an inhouse asset management program.
• Assist with the organization and preparation of Safety Committee meetings materials.
Support execution of action items.
• Arrange lab equipment preventative maintenance (PM) maintain PM tracking software. Perform routine maintenance on refrigeration.
• Prepare materials for lab reagents (TB, LB Broth, misc. buffers), including pre weighing and pre-stocking materials.
• Glass washing and autoclave from consumables to glassware.
• Perform all other tasks as assigned by your direct manager or supervisor.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 1 year of experience working in a labbased setting, ideally for a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, or an academic research lab.
• Ability to perform basic calculations required for media preparation.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office or Google Suite applications.
• Available to work on-site during core business hours (8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to precisely follow direction and balance short term priorities.
• The ability to pass a background check.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Position is primarily sedentary, and employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time.
• Standing, walking and meeting activities are required frequently throughout the workday.
• Must be able to process paperwork and utilize office equipment (including personal computer, phone, copiers, etc.).
• Normal sight or corrected vision is required to read documents and use standard computer terminals. Some light lifting may be occasionally required.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
• Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. We are located in San Diego California.
Rejuvenate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Rejuvenate Bio is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.