Turn Biotechnologies is currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual for the position of Sr. Scientist - Immunology. This is an early-stage development program and we are seeking a seasoned Senior Immunology scientist to help build the current program.
The employee will be a highly motivated and innovative individual responsible for the scientific/technical aspects for the exploration and development of new indications through novel ex vivo and in vivo studies. This person will also be responsible for designing and executing experiments . This position would be critical to establishing new pipelines and broadening the utility of the company’s core technologies.
Based in Mountain View, California, Turn Biotechnologies, Inc. is a development-stage company focused on restoring cells’ youthful vigor to repair damage caused by the aging process. Using a proprietary ERA™ Platform, we develop mRNA medicines that are specially formulated to instruct specific cells in the body to fight disease or repair damaged tissue. We do this by reprogramming the epigenome to restore cell function that people often lose as they age. This approach can be used to revitalize different cells throughout the body. We are researching its applicability across multiple therapeutic areas, including dermatology, ophthalmology, osteocartilage, and skeletal muscular indications.
● Isolating of different blood cell types, through FACS/MACS
● Working with fresh and frozen blood samples
● Expertise in sorting and flow cytometry
● Leads, collaborates and builds strong relationships with internal and external teams to meet project and department goals
● Development of in-vivo and in-vitro cancer models
● Leads, plans and monitors progress of studies and projects under their responsibility
● Participates in cross-functional collaborations to meet material supply deliverables and project timelines for R&D effort
● Has knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies
● Apply biochemical and molecular (e.g., PCR, Multicolor flow cytometry, activation assays, suppression assays, ELISA, Luminex, reporter assays) assays to monitor biological pathways in cells and animals.
● Highly proficient with aseptic cell culture techniques and cell-based assays using primary human cells.
● CAR NK – CAR T- Immunology background. Isolation of primary cells through fresh or frozen blood samples FACS/MACS
● Lentiviral transduction or in vitro electroporation to achieve gene editing and CAR expression.
● Preclinical studies and/or clinical studies, development of cancer models in vivo and in vitro
● Extensive experience in immunology (at least 7-10 years)
● Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
● Autonomous execution capacity with collaboration with other team members ● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Track record of safe and meticulous implementation
● PhD in immunology, cellular biology or relevant field
● Post-doc training in industry or academia
● Experience with cancer animal models
● Industry experience is highly preferred, and experience with pre-clinical or clinical studies.
● Google Suite and/or MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
● A leader and collaborator
● Ability to be a calm, problem solving presence
● Strong work ethic
● Proactive and organized
● Results oriented
● Quick learner
● Troubleshooting and problem-solving capacity
● Goal and data driven
● Strong interpersonal skills
Turn Biotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Why Choose Turn Bio?
We are a close-knit, collaborative team, passionate about anti-aging and longevity and it's impact and improvement of age-related disease and the quality of people’s lives
Fully-paid employee medical, dental, vision, & life insurance)
Employee Assistance Program
You will be a vital part of the company and have tremendous impact on its success
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Turn Biotechnologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occupational Health and Safety: Turn Biotechnologies provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.