Calico (Calico Life Sciences LLC) is an Alphabet-founded research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies and model systems to increase our understanding of the biology that controls human aging. Calico will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives.
Calico seeks an experienced quantitative geneticist who is enthusiastic to perform GWAS-style genetic analyses in model-organism populations.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with genetic mapping and derivative analyses (GWAS, genetic risk scores, genetic correlations, co-localization, Mendelian randomization, etc.). That background may come from either analysis of human populations or non-human model organisms. She/he/they will be familiar with prominent tools in this field (e.g. BOLT-LMM, LDSC, etc.) and will have a sufficient theoretical foundation to feel comfortable adapting or implementing methods for novel organism populations.
This role exists within a small, cross-functional but data-science-focused team, where this individual will bear primary responsibility for genetic analyses, as well as for the presentation, write-up, and publication of results. The ideal candidate will be comfortable multi-tasking across multiple projects that are unified in their use of quantitative genetics methodology and explore diverse, exciting domains of physiology. She/he/they will also be enthusiastic about working collaboratively with a cadre of highly-skilled quantitative geneticists who are distributed across multiple groups at Calico.
- PhD in Biology or related discipline, with an emphasis on genetics.
- A publication record that reflects the successful application of quantitative genetics techniques to solve biological questions.
- Direct experience analyzing human GWAS data; OR ...
- Direct experience analyzing quantitative genetics data from non-human model organisms.
- Some computer programming experience with an emphasis in data analysis, preferably in python and/or R.
- Must be willing to work onsite at least three days per week.
Calico requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Calico will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.