Celevity is a seed stage company developing drugs to help dogs live longer, healthier lives. Our point of view is that aging is a disease just as much as canonical diseases like the flu, Alzheimer’s, and cancer – therefore, it is able to be slowed and improved with the use of therapeutics. We are driven by developing better medicines for the worst diseases, using this lens of aging as an indication. Celevity was spun out of The Longevity Fund and is well funded by top VCs & angels. Celevity is founded and led by a first-gen, female CEO – we encourage and look forward to diverse applicants.
> The Role
Celevity is hiring a Research Operations Manager. You’ll join our small but rapidly growing R&D team to coordinate our drug development and research studies. You’ll work across specialties from biology to finance to ensure our preclinical drug development pipeline is executed efficiently, rapidly, and to the highest quality. This role is for someone who is 99th-percentile detail-minded, meticulous, organized, and diligent.
Your daily work may include:
• Projecting the time and cost to specific milestones
• Managing multiple projects with different contractors, biology, and endpoints
• Coordinating and negotiating with CROs
• Designing initial versions of protocols, iterating with the scientific team
• Reading papers to synthesize the best methods for specific outcomes You’ll be directly responsible for coordinating our meeting and exceeding milestones so we can continue to grow Celevity and push forward the biology from in vitro to in Fido.
>> Who You Are Education & Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a STEM field; preference to previous wet science (biology, biochemistry, or similar) research experience. Some preference to graduate work in a STEM field.
• At least 3 years of experience in consulting, program management, venture capital, or similar field. If you are coming straight out of academia (Ph.D. or post-doc), you should have demonstrable experience in working fast, managing timelines, and organizational excellence.
How You Work & Think
• Detail oriented, disciplined, naturally seek ownership and responsibility, and happy working on a mix of the fascinating and the mundane.
• Loves to learn and excited to self-teach yourself random topics as relevant to the company and projects.
• Process-driven – creates frameworks to tackle challenging problems.
• Ability to meet or beat rapid deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Concise, logical thinker who can communicate complicate topics with ease, and feels comfortable presenting to board members/executives/investors.
• Growth mindset, value transparency, seek out feedback and iteration cycles.
• Highest standards for scientific quality and rigor.
• Excellent organization and attention to detail – you should be the most organized, detailed person on the team and teach us your ways!
• Professional, with high EQ – naturally communicates diligently and respectfully with vendors, contractors, and the Celevity team.
• Proficiency with project management software (Asana, Excel, Notion)
• Demonstrable previous interest or work in aging, longevity, age-related diseases
• Dog person
• Based full time in San Francisco (remote till mid-2021)
• $100,000 - $120,000 per year depending on your background & preferred ratio of salary to shares, with full-coverage health/dental/vision • Learning budget for books and self-improvement
• Start ASAP
Health| Good health is critical to every other human (and animal!) experience. We believe health is a fundamental right and are dedicating our lives to maximizing health and developing better medicines for the worst diseases.
Truth Seeking & Feedback Loops| Uniquely in biology, there is a predetermined truth of whether a specific drug will work or not — we just have to catch up with biology! We seek out this truth and do not shy away from inconvenient truths. This holds for personal development too: we are always searching for feedback loops and embody a perpetual growth mindset.
Transparency | We believe full transparency in thoughts, opinions, intentions, and actions (both good ones and mistakes) is a better way to build a business and work together.
Morality & Empathy | We are developing medicines that may one day be given to a living animal, medicines that if designed badly could hurt that animal instead of help. This is a huge responsibility and should be respected as such. Our work needs to adhere to the strictest moral code and always integrate empathy for the patient.
Kindness | Great business(wo)men do not need to be ruthless — you can execute excellently with kindness.
Dog gifs | We love them.
Send your resume and a short introduction to: email@example.com