The Sr. Research Associate will be a highly motivated and responsible individual whose primary purpose is to perform and assist with experiments, analyze data, maintain records, manage projects, maintain lab operations, and other duties as required to meet company goals.
Based in our offices in Mountain View, California, Turn Biotechnologies, Inc. is a development stage company focused on restoring cells’ youthful vigor to repair damage caused by the aging process. Using a proprietary ERA™ Platform, we develop mRNA medicines that are specially formulated to instruct specific cells in the body to fight disease or repair damaged tissue. We do this by reprogramming the epigenome to restore cell function that people often lose as they age. This approach can be used to revitalize different cells throughout the body. We are researching its applicability across multiple therapeutic areas, including dermatologic conditions, pulmonary disease, osteoarthritis and ophthalmology.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
·Perform analytical tests to support method development, DS/DP characterization, PD studies and stability testing of drug substance and drug products.
· Conduct routine chemical experiments, interpret data, maintain timely documentation, and contribute to technical reports and presentations in a cross-functional team environment
· Participate in laboratory housekeeping, maintain laboratory equipment, supplies, and comply with laboratory safety guidelines
· Ability to lift 25 pounds or more, with assistance
· Other duties as assigned/required
· A strong knowledge of analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and/or organic chemistry in required.
· Minimum of 2+ years hands-on experience with HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS, UV/Vis, DLS, and various analytical techniques is a must
· Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently and with teams to accomplish goals
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Candidates must be able to follow written protocols, record observations in written or electronic form as required, and efficiently manage their time to support multiple ongoing studies
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, multi-disciplinary, team-driven work environment
· B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or chemical engineering
· At least 2 years of wet lab work experience is a must, hands on handling chemicals and drug formulation preferred
· Previous experience with LNPs-mRNA formulation characterization preferred
● Proactive and organized. Identifies areas to assist and comes up with solutions. ● Quick learner
● Passion for strategic growth of life sciences companies
● Start-up experience preferable
● Strong work ethic and perseverance
● Results oriented
● Ingenious and have problem-solving skills
● Goal and data driven
● Emotionally intelligent, strong interpersonal skills, and collaborative mindset
Why Turn Bio?
● We are a close-knit, collaborative team, passionate about anti-aging and longevity to improve age-related disease and the quality of people’s lives
● You will be a vital part of the company and have tremendous impact on its success ● Competitive compensation & benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance) ● 401K, FSA, and flexible PTO
● Employee Assistance Program
Turn Biotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Why Choose Turn Bio?
We are a close-knit, collaborative team, passionate about anti-aging and longevity and it's impact and improvement of age-related disease and the quality of people’s lives
Fully-paid employee medical, dental, vision, & life insurance)
Employee Assistance Program
You will be a vital part of the company and have tremendous impact on its success
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Turn Biotechnologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occupational Health and Safety: Turn Biotechnologies provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.