Turn Biotechnologies is currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual for the position of Sr. Research Associate - Biology.
This person will be a highly motivated and responsible individual whose primary purpose is to perform and assist with experiments, analyze data, maintain records, manage projects, maintain lab operations, and other duties as required to meet company goals.
Based in Mountain View, California, Turn Biotechnologies, Inc. is a development-stage company focused on restoring cells’ youthful vigor to repair damage caused by the aging process. Using a proprietary ERA™ Platform, we develop mRNA medicines that are specially formulated to instruct specific cells in the body to fight disease or repair damaged tissue. We do this by reprogramming the epigenome to restore cell function that people often lose as they age. This approach can be used to revitalize different cells throughout the body. We are researching its applicability across multiple therapeutic areas, including dermatology, ophthalmology, osteocartilage, and skeletal muscular indications.
● Maintaining cell cultures and performing cell culture experiments.
● Biochemical assays, immunostaining and microscopy
● Molecular biology techniques (protein/RNA purification, Western blot, qRT-PCR
● Processing of human and animal tissues
● Organize and analyze data, maintain detailed records, communicate results
● Order, track, and monitor lab supplies, shipments and equipment for the lab
● BS/MS in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline.
● At least one year of related work experience (academic or industry).
● Experience in small (rodent) animal handling and tissue evaluation is a plus.
● Follow written protocols, record observations in written or electronic form as required, and efficiently manage their time to support multiple ongoing studies.
● Ability to achieve goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed.
● Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
● High level of initiative, responsible, and have a strong work ethic.
● High level of initiative, organized, with a strong work ethic.
● Quick learner, with ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Why Choose Turn Bio?
We are a close-knit, collaborative team, passionate about anti-aging and longevity and it's impact and improvement of age-related disease and the quality of people’s lives
Fully-paid employee medical, dental, vision, & life insurance)
Employee Assistance Program
You will be a vital part of the company and have tremendous impact on its success
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Turn Biotechnologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occupational Health and Safety: Turn Biotechnologies provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.